|The Internationalist Hosts an Online Calendar of Noteworthy Global Events, Plus Marketing, Advertising & Media Activities Around the World. Click here to Bookmark The Internationalist Calendar Website.
|The annual new year wake-up call of CES begins in Las Vegas, and then business leaders will flock to Davos-Klosters, Switzerland for the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting starting January 15 to focus on “Rebuilding Trust.” Chinese New Year ushers in the Year of the Dragon on February 10, and Rio de Janeiro prepares for Carnival on February 9 through 17, so note that offices throughout Brazil will be closed.
Plus, 2024 is a critical national election year for 64 countries, including Taiwan on January 13, Iran on March 1, Russia on March 17, India in April and May, and the United States later in the year on November 5, as well as the European Union in June. Both the US and UK are electing new leaders in the same year– the first time since 1964. This represents voting opportunities for 1 billion voters— and political advertising spending may be the largest in history– not to mention concerns about Generative AI amplifications.
Also, this quarter, MWC (formerly Mobile World Congress) returns to Barcelona in late February as the world’s largest connectivity event. Fashion Weeks sashay from Berlin to Paris to Copenhagen to New York to Madrid to London to Milan and back again to Paris from late January through early March, while Super Bowl LVIII charges into Allegiant Stadium in Glendale Las Vegas, Nevada on February 11.
You can always access the international marketing events calendar through The Internationalist homepage and click on the CALENDAR ICON as pictured to the left.
|Advertising & Marketing Associations Plan for Key Gatherings:
- IAB’s Annual Leadership Meeting kicks off the year in Marco Island, Florida from January 28-30.
- The 4A’s Decisions 2024 takes place in two locations this year– Los Angeles on February 7 and Kansas City on March 20. Both sessions focus on “Building for Sustained Growth” and are free to members and open to all for a small fee.
- ANA is adding two new conferences to its growing industry event roster: ANA/AEF’s Future of Marketing Leadership in partnership with NYU Stern on February 22-29, and a 2024 ANA AI for Marketers on April 8-10 in Hollywood, Florida as both an in-person and virtual event.
- The IAA World Congress returns with an event in Penang, Malaysia on March 6-8 with theme, “Re:Code- Better World, Better Life.”
- WFA is on the road to Toronto for its Global Marketer Week from May 14-17.
- I-COM, the Global Forum for Smart Data Marketing, will also hold its Annual Summit from May 14-17 in Malaga, Spain with theme, “The Next Generation.”
|It’s also a Landmark Year for Global Sporting Events:
The Paris Olympic Games: July 26- August 11. Paris 2024 has unveiled its program of celebrations in France for the next Olympics with its slogan: “Games Wide Open.” Festivities will be organized throughout the country, so as many people as possible can have a close-up experience of the Games for free. Many celebration sites will be accessible in the French capital, especially the Champions Park at the Trocadéro. Facing the Eiffel Tower, this spot will be the unmissable meeting location for all sports fans around the world to celebrate athletes’ achievements and medals. For the first time in the history of the Olympic Summer Games, all the medalists will be invited to commune with thousands of fans.
The 2024 UEFA European Football Championship: Commonly referred to as UEFA Euro 2024 or simply Euro 2024, will be the 17th edition of the UEFA European Championship, the quadrennial international football championship organized by UEFA for the men’s national teams of its member associations. Twenty-four teams will play throughout Germany in Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Leipzig, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart, Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund between June 14 and July 14.
The America’s Cup is the oldest continuous competition in international sport, and among the world’s most prestigious sporting trophies. The Louis Vuitton 37th America’s Cup Barcelona official opening ceremony will be held in Barcelona on the 22nd of August 2024. The final Preliminary Regatta and the Louis Vuitton Cup (Challenger Selection Series) will follow, leading up to the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Match starting on the 12th of October 2024.
The Africa Cup of Nations (French: Coupe d’Afrique des Nations), sometimes referred to as the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations for sponsorship reasons, is the main international men’s association football competition in Africa. In the first tournament in 1957, there were only three participating nations: Egypt, Sudan, and Ethiopia. Since then, the tournament has expanded greatly, making it necessary to hold a qualifying tournament. Egypt is the most successful nation in the cup’s history, winning the tournament seven times.
The CONMEBOL Copa América (literally America Cup), known until 1975 as the South American Football Championship is the top men’s football tournament contested among national teams from South America. It is the oldest still-running continental football competition, as well as the third most watched in the world.
The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, is the Twenty20 International cricket tournament, organized by the International Cricket Council since 2007. As of 2024 it will include 20 teams. It is scheduled to be hosted by the West Indies and the United States from June 4-30, 2024.
|This calendar is also the only single source that aggregates:
- National & Religious Holidays in the world’s top 35 markets.
- Essential industry conferences throughout the world.
- Major Advertising Festivals and Awards Shows, including Call for Entry Deadlines.
- Trade Shows- categories range from Auto to Luxury to Travel to Technology.
- Key political, entertainment and sports events– from the Davos World Economic Forum to the Academy Awards to the Masters Golf Tournament to Fashion Weeks.